The Triumphal Gates
Nikolaevsky triumphal gates, behind which among the townspeople were entrenched the name of Arch Tsarevich, are located in the center of the city, next to the Korabelnaya embankment.
The history of this monument begins in January 1891, when it became known about the forthcoming visit of the Crown Prince Nikolai Alexandrovich Romanov to the throne. Vladivostok City Duma, considering the preparations for the meeting of the high guest, decided to build in his honor “stone triumphal gates.”
In 1927-1930, the Nikolayev Gates were destroyed. The idea to return the city to the monument appeared only in the late 90s of the XX century. The project was executed on the basis of archival documents and old photographs. On March 20, 2002, the foundation laying ceremony of the new arch was held, and on May 16, 2003 – the solemn opening of the Arch of the Crown Prince.